Medical Education in Kyrgyzstan
Medical Universities in Kyrgyzstan are recognized in the World Health Organization(WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. This Listing makes a student graduating from such medical university colleges and Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan eligible to appear for many of the tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the directive of Medical Council Of India. This has lead to an ever increasing number of international students making their way to Kyrgyzstan to study like the General Medicine and Surgery(MBBS), dental course or dentistry (BDS),M.D/M.S/M.D.S Course. Every Year hundreds of international students come to Kyrgyzstan to study medical. Kyrgyzstan is fast becoming one of the most favored destinations in central Asia.
Degree of MD (Doctor of Medicine) is awarded, a widely recognized and accepted in most countries including USA, European and Japan.
- He /she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
- He/she has passed qualifying examination as Under:-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of physics, chemistry, biology.
- The student should have obtained 50% marks in the 12th standard examination. Students belongs to SC/ST and OBC (Category are eligible with 40% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination.
Duration:MBBS course is of six years.
In the first five years, students are imparted knowledge on the basics of medical sciences and clinical studies and the last year is solely dedicated to practical training in hospital attached to the university. This course utilizes modules that are technically supported by the World Health Organization. Universities have also introduced credit hours system in this course.
Overview of the Medical Course
It is one of the most prestigious universities in the country. Academic year of the medical courses comprises of two semesters. Duration of the course is of six years. The first five years are didactic in nature as students are imparted knowledge on the different areas of medical sciences. They get an insight to the different parts and the system of the human body that prepares them for the clinical rotation in the hospital. In the last year, students undertake clinical rotation in the different departments of the hospital. Through this training, students have an in-depth knowledge of the treatment procedure.
Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan is a country in Asia and the borders of this country are shared with Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and China. Bishkek is the Capital of Kyrgyzstan and it’s the largest city of this country. Kyrgyzstan has its own introduction to the world level for MBBS Study and Medical Education. MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is the best option for those students who want to take medical education in abroad at very low cost. Students can take direct admission in MBBS in Kyrgyzstan without any entrance exam.
Why MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
Study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is a good option because here students can get quality medical education at very low cost. There is no entrance exam and no donation for MBBS admission in Kyrgyzstan. Medical degree from Kyrgyzstan is a world level degree and it is recognized by WHO, Medical Council of India and FAIMER. Here are some points about why should you go for MBBS Study in Kyrgyzstan.
- Admission by simple application, NO ENTRANCE, Easy student Careers application process
- NO ENTRANCE | NO DONATION I LOW FEE
- Premier Universities and Ranked the Best in the country.
- International Degree: Recognized by WHO, Medical Council of India, FAIMER
- Entire education in English Medium.
- Recognized by International Association of Universities, Medical Council of over 180 countries
- High Quality Education.
- Only 10 students per class. Individual attention.
- MCI Recognized: Eligible for Govt. Jobs and PG Courses in India
- The educational fees are very low due to subsidy by the Government.
- fordable medical study tuition fees and living expenses
- International accredited universities and recognized degrees
- Medical degrees are recognized all over the world, by WHO, UNESCO, etc.
- Proven excellent academic standards
- Best opportunities for clinical exposure at university run hospitals
- Low Cost, High Demand, Limited Seats
- Duration of course after 10+2 standard in Kyrgyzstan is 6 years.
- International airport is only 4hrs away from India making it easy accessible from Delhi.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why Choose Kyrgyzstan for MBBS Degree?
Kyrgyzstan is a good choice for MBBS Degree because universities providing MBBS degrees are recognized by World Health Organization and Medical Council of India. With a degree from Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, you become eligible for the screening test that is required to fetch a job in this field.
2. What is the Eligibility criterion to study MBBS in Kyrgyzstan?
As per Medical Council of India the minimum qualification for Indian Students to study in Kyrgyzstan is 50% in physics, chemistry and biology in 12th standard. In case of SC/ST it is 40%.
The minimum age should be 17 years by 31st December of year of admission.
3. What is the medium of teaching?
The medium of Instruction is ENGLISH but students have to learn Kyrgyz Languageas it also helpful in communicating with local people.
4. When the academic year starts?
Academic Year Starts in the month of September.
5. Can I practice in India after my study MBBS from Kyrgyz Republic?
Yes As per the rule of Medical Council of India (MCI), you can practice in India or you can apply for Government Job or P.G. course in Govt. Medical Colleges in India. After Completion of MBBS from Kyrgyz Republic, you have to appear for a “Screening Test” conducted by National Board of Education”, New Delhi. On clearing this test you need to register with the MCI and completion of all their rules and then you will get a registration Number which will allow you to practice in India or can apply Govt. Jobs or P.G. Courses in Govt. Medical Colleges in India.
6. Do any indian professors teach there.?
Yes a lot of foreign professors teach there. Many of them are from india, USA, and Nepal.
7. What about my food?
The vegetable available there are very similar to what we get here. All the popular vegetables like potato, brinjal, cauliflower, cabbage, beans, carrots and cucumber etc are available. Similarly egg, fish, chicken, mutton are also abundant. Loaf bread, cookies, pastries, ice cream, canned juices are available in plenty in all the college canteens and dining halls.
8. Who does the student contact there if he/she has any queries, problems at the university or hostel?
Every university has an International Students Department where the students can address their problems directly or they can contact our Representative in the university.
9. How Can Parents Send Money to their Children? Can they open bank account there?
Student can take International debit card, forex card or hard cash (USD) with them. The International Student Department of the university will help students to open their bank account there.
FACTS ABOUT KYRGYZSTAN
Kyrgyz Republic or Kyrgyzstan is located in Central Asia and is one of the six independent Turkic states. This landlocked republic is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and People’s Republic of China to the east.
The name Kyrgyz is believed to have been derived from the Turkic word for forty, which has a reference to the forty clans of Manas, the legendary hero who united forty regional clans against the Uyghers. Kyrgyz is also thought to mean unconquerable.
The territory of Kyrgyzstan covers an area of 77, 181 square miles, and has a total population of 5,482,200.
Geographic coordinates: 41 00 N, 75 00E
Area : 198.500 Sq Km (76,640 sq miles).
Land Boundaries: Uzbekistan – 1,099 Km, Kazakstan- 1,051 Km, Tajikistan – 87- Km, China- 858 Km
CAPITAL OF KYRGYZSTAN
Bishkek is the capital of Kyrgyzstan, and covers a total area of 49 square miles. Its estimated population is 1,250,000. It is the administrative center of Chuy Province which surrounds the city. It was formerly known as Pishpek and Frunze.
LARGEST CITY IN KYRGYZSTAN
The capital of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek, is the largest city of the country. The city was found in 1825 as the Kyrgyz-Khokand fortress of Bishkek. In 1862 it was named as the Russian fortress Pishpek, and in 1926 it was renamed Frunze after Mikhail Frunze, the Bolshevik military leader. In 1991, the parliament of Kyrgyz restored the city’s historical name.
CURRENCY OF KYRGYZSTAN
The currency of Kyrgyzstan is the Som, which replaced the Soviet ruble on May 10, 1993. Its ISO 4217 currency code is KGS. It is subdivided into 100 tyiyn.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF KYRGYZSTAN
Kyrgyzstan became a bilingual country in September 1991. It is one of the two former Soviet Republics in central Asia to have Russian as its official language, along with Kyrgyz. The Kyrgyz language belongs to the Turkic group of languages.
RELIGION OF KYRGYZSTAN
Islam is the dominant religion of Kyrgyzstan, although during Soviet regime, state atheism was encouraged. Although the country is a secular state, Islam has exerted a growing influence in politics. 80% of the population is Muslim, while 17% follow Russian Orthodoxy and 3% other religions.
The 40-rayed yellow sun in the center of the flag represent the 40 tribes that once made up the entirety of Kyrgyz culture before the intervention of Russia during the rise of the soviet union. The lines inside the sun represent the crown or tündük (Kyrgyz түндүк) of a yurt, a symbol replicated in many facets of Kyrgyz architecture. The red portion of the flag represents peace and openness of Kyrgyzstan.
Transport of Kyrgyzstan have well- developed and diverse systems of public transport, including Railways, Buses, water ways, Airports etc.
Football is the most popular sport in Kyrgyzstan. The official governing body is the football federation of Kyrgyzstan Republic. Wrestling, Ice hockey, The Kyrgyz national team took Kyrgyzstan’s first medal at the Asian Winter Games.
CLIMATE OF KYRGYZSTAN
Kyrgyzstan has a continental climate with cold winters and warm summers. In the lowlands, the temperature ranges from around -6°C (21°F) in January to 24°C (75°F) in July. In the low-lying Fergana Valley of the south temperatures may peak as high as the low 40s in summer.